New Beginnings Of Tampa, Inc. is a 501(c) 3 Tax Exempt Organization. A copy of the official registration (#CH-38500) and financial information may be obtained from the Florida Division of Consumer Services by calling toll-free (800-435-7352) within the State. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the State.
It is the policy of New Beginnings of Tampa, Inc. (“New Beginnings”) to comply fully with all Federal, State, and local non-discrimination laws and regulations governing Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity in housing. New Beginnings will not deny any individual an equal opportunity to receive services on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, familial status, or a mental or physical disability (unless the disability cannot be reasonably accommodated in a manner that enables the individual to qualify for services). It is the policy of the New Beginnings to provide reasonable accommodations for limitations or modifications needed by a disabled applicant due to a mental or physical disability of the individual. Requests for reasonable accommodations should be made to the Executive Director if present. If the Executive Director is not present, requests for reasonable accommodation should be made to the Assistant Director and/or other staff person on duty if Assistant Director is not available.
2. The policy and practices in this notice cover the processing of protected personal information for clients of New Beginnings of Tampa, Inc..
3. Protected Personal information (PPI) is any information we maintain about a client that:
4. We adopted this policy because of standards for Homeless Management Information Systems issued by the Department of Housing and Urban Development. We intend our policy and practices to be consistent with those standards. See 69 Federal Register 45888 (July 30, 2004).
5. This notice tells our clients, our staff, and others how we process personal information. We follow the policy and practices described in this notice.
6. We may amend this notice and change our policy or practices at any time. Amendments may affect personal information that we obtained before the effective date of the amendment.
7. We give a written copy of this privacy notice to any individual who asks.
8. We maintain a copy of this policy on our website at NewBeginningsForVeterans.org
1. We collect personal information only when appropriate to provide services or for another specific purpose of our organization or when required by law. We may collect information for these purposes:
2. We only use lawful and fair means to collect personal information.
3. We normally collect personal information with the knowledge or consent of our clients. If you seek our assistance and provide us with personal information, we assume that you consent to the collection of information as described in this notice
4. We may also get information about you from:
5. We post a sign at our intake desk or other location explaining the reasons we ask for personal information. The sign says:
1. We use or disclose personal information for activities described in this part of the notice. We may or may not make any of these uses or disclosures with your information. We assume that you consent to the use or disclosure of your personal information for the purposes described here and for other uses and disclosures that we determine to be compatible with these uses or disclosures:
4. for academic research purposes
5. any written research agreement:
6. to a law enforcement official for a law enforcement purpose (if consistent with applicable law and standards of ethical conduct) under any of these circumstances:
1. You may inspect and have a copy of your personal information that we maintain. We will offer to explain any information that you may not understand.
2. We will consider a request from you for correction of inaccurate or incomplete personal information that we maintain about you. If we agree that the information is inaccurate or incomplete, we may delete it or we may choose to mark it as inaccurate or incomplete and to supplement it with additional information.
3. To inspect, get a copy of, or ask for correction of your information, ask any staff member for access.
4. We may deny your request for inspection or copying of personal information if:
1. We collect only personal information that is relevant to the purposes for which we plan to use it. To the extent necessary for those purposes, we seek to maintain only personal information that is accurate, complete, and timely.
2. We are developing and implementing a plan to dispose of personal information not in current use seven years after the information was created or last changed. As an alternative to disposal, we may choose to remove identifiers from the information.
3. We may keep information for a longer period if required to do so by statute, regulation, contract, or other requirement.
We accept and consider questions or complaints about our privacy and security policies and practices. Complaints must be submitted in writing to this Agency and to:
Tampa Hillsborough Homeless Initiative
601 E. Kennedy Blvd, 24th floor
Tampa, FL 33602
The UNITY Grievance Committee will attempt to resolve your complaint. Should further review be required your complaint will be escalated to the UNITY Steering Committee to determine a voluntary resolution of the complaint. Resolution of the complaint will be provided in writing to the agency and the individual filing the complaint. This Agency and the UNITY Information Network are prohibited from retaliating against you for filing a complaint.
1. All members of our staff (including employees, volunteers, affiliates, contractors and associates) are required to comply with this privacy notice. Each staff member must receive and acknowledge receipt of a copy of this privacy notice.
Copyright © 2022 New Beginnings of Tampa, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.
NEW BEGINNINGS OF TAMPA, INC. IS A NONPROFIT, TAX -EXEMPT ORGANIZATION REGISTERED WITH THE STATE OF FLORIDA (#CH38500) COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE WITHIN THE STATE AT 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352). REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.